MISSION HALL OFFICE CONVERSION
A grade 2 listed mission hall which had previously been used for theatre scenery painting was acquired unconditionally in 2014. Negotiations have been undertaken with the local authority over a 4 year period for both residential and office uses, to include full historical restoration and extension of the existing basement. Planning permission was granted for an office conversion in June 2018 and construction commenced May 2019. Completion is expected mid 2020.
CONSENTED OFFICE SCHEME GALLERY
41 Iffley Road was designed in 1883-4 by Hugh Romieu Gogh with the main facades designed in C15 Venetian Gothic style.
It was constructed shortly before the surrounding houses and the area is fully developed on the 1894 OS Map where the hall is labelled ‘Mission Hall’. It is not consecrated for religious purposes. It is believed to be a construction project for George Wimpey who lived locally on Hammersmith Grove.
Shortlisted for in the Conservation and Retrofit Category of the 2016 New London Architecture Awards
RESIDENTIAL PROPOSAL GALLERY